- Vacancy Information
- Making a Reservation
- Included in the Price
- Terms and Conditions
To find out whether we have any vacancies on one of our cycling holidays, please fill in the Vacancy Request.
We normally reply within 24 hours. During the summer months it might take a bit longer if we are away from the office.
You can also phone us on 01982 560471 (international: +44 1982 560471). We work from home, so you can phone any day of the week including weekends, 9am to 9pm (the UK is 5 to 6 hours ahead of USA eastern time). You can also e-mail us.
Making a Reservation
We require a deposit of £50 per person.
It is advisable to make sure that we have vacancies on your chosen tour before sending your deposit.
In order to reserve your place, please fill in one of the reservation forms below:-
- Online Booking Form
- Submit an online reservation now and we will send you an e-mail provisionally reserving a place for you. You then need to send us your deposit (see Payment below).
- Paper Printout Booking Form or PDF Booking Form
- Print out this booking form and post it to us, together
with your deposit cheque.
As soon as we have received your deposit and booking form, we will post a letter to you to confirm your booking. We will also send details of how to get to the holiday venue and what to bring etc. e-mail
Please do not send any payment until we have confirmed that we have a space reserved for you.
Please send a deposit of £50 per person. The deposit will be deducted from the total price. The remainder is payable 6 weeks before the tour. Please see Terms & Conditions below.
Payments from UK:-
There are 2 ways to pay:-
- By cheque: We prefer payment by cheque. Please make cheques payable to 'Bicycle Beano' and send to Bicycle Beano, Erwood, Builth Wells, Powys, LD2 3PQ.
- By PayPal: If it is inconvenient to
pay by cheque, the deposit can be paid by credit or debit
card via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account).
Please ask us to send you a PayPal invoice.
If you want to pay the remainder via PayPal, please add 3.5% to the balance to help cover extra costs incurred.
Payments from Overseas:-
There are 2 ways to pay:-
- The deposit can be paid by card via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account) – please ask us for details. If you want to pay the remainder via PayPal, please add 4% to the balance to help cover extra costs incurred. This is probably the most convenient way for you to pay.
- You can send us a cheque (check) in your own national currency for the equivalent of GBP (UK pounds, £). Please add the equivalent of £25 to your total payment to help cover the costs of currency conversion and additional bank charges. Please make checks payable to 'Bicycle Beano' and airmail to Bicycle Beano, Erwood, Builth Wells, Powys, LD2 3PQ, UK.
To convert GBP (UK pounds) to your national currency, go to Universal Currency Converter (a free service run by Xenon Laboratories).
Safeguarding your Payment:-
In order to protect your pre-payments, in accordance with Regulation 20 of The Package Travel, Package Holidays & Package Tours Regulations 1992 (generally known as The Package Travel Regulations), a sum of money is held in trust which at all times exceeds pre-payments made for holidays not yet taken. You remain the beneficial owner of your pre-payments until completion of your holiday (unless you forfeit any pre-payments in accordance with the cancellation terms below).
Included in the Price
- Delicious vegetarian meals – buffet breakfasts, evening meals, and tea & cakes after the rides. Home-grown organic fruit & vegetables, Fair Trade, and local produce are used as much as possible – all our venues have their own organic vegetable gardens.
- Detailed daily route sheets including specially designed maps and written instructions, places to visit, good views, and other useful info.
- Cycling guide and back-up. We cycle along too.
- Bike repair tools and basic emergency spares.
- Plus lots more.
Under 18-year-olds must be accompanied by an adult and have good road sense. If you want to bring children, please contact us first to discuss possibilities and safety issues. The following discounts apply for children who share their parents' bedroom and are attached to an adult's bike: 60% discount for 3 to 5-year-olds, 20% discount for 6 to 12-year-olds, babies free.
We strongly recommend that you take out Third Party Personal Liability insurance in case you cause an accident to another cyclist. You may already be covered on your home contents insurance or cycling club membership.
Travel insurance will cover you for: 3rd party personal liability; if you have to cancel due to illness etc; against personal accident; and loss of baggage (not bike). Try the Post Office Travel Insurance (UK residents only), which costs about £7.92 for 4 days or £8.94 for 7 days (basic cover). Pick up a leaflet at a Post Office, or for instant cover go to www.postoffice.co.uk or phone 0800 169 9999. Other companies offer travel insurance but make sure they include cancellation and personal liability. Some cheaper insurance policies may not cover you for personal liability if you are cycling (as far as we are aware the Post Office insurance does cover leisure cycling as standard).
Terms and Conditions
We do all we can to make your cycling holiday safe and enjoyable. However, you cycle at your own risk. All riders must ensure that their bikes are roadworthy and safe (see enclosed Bike Check leaflet). Bicycle Beano Cycling Holidays cannot be held responsible for the condition of other participants’ bikes or the manner in which they cycle. Participants must obey the Highway Code, and cycle in a safe and responsible manner. All cyclists should take out 3rd Party Personal Liability insurance (see above).
We do all we can to take you on safe and suitable roads, and give warnings on our route maps/words where we think you need to take extra care. However, we cannot be held responsible for the condition of the roads – road surfaces may have deteriorated since we last cycled on them. Please do not assume that a road is safe just because it is on one of our routes; you should always judge road surfaces and conditions for yourself.
We give a short safety talk before the first ride, when each participant will receive a copy of our Guide to Safe Cycling leaflet. We have a very good safety record and, with your help, would like to keep it that way.
If you cancel your tour, the deposit is not refundable. If you cancel 42-22 days before the tour, we refund 80% of the remainder; 21-15 days, 60% of the remainder; 14 days or less, 0%. Cancellation can be made by phone, as long as it is confirmed in writing. We recommend that you take out travel insurance (see above) to cover you in case you have to cancel. If in the unlikely event we have to cancel your tour, we will refund the total amount you paid us. The minimum group size per tour would be 10 people.
Simple text-only brochure download